SheriffBadgeGenericThe Deputies from the civil division were here today, and served the final eviction.  They arrived about 3:30pm, and by 4pm he was out the door and down the street.  I fully expected to see him back before very long, and sure enough, by 6:15pm there he was.

It appears he went to the nearest store and bought some beer, because he was very much more drunk when he came back than when he left.  He tried for a good ten minutes to get his key to work in the lock, but that wasn’t happening, since I changed the lock immediately after he left.  He plopped down in a chair on the porch and just sat there.  I had told him as soon as he started messing with the lock that I had called the police, but that didn’t seem to impress upon him at all.

The Visalia Police arrived within a few minutes of my call, and were confronted with a drunk, uncooperative mess.

He at first refused to engage in any conversation with the officers, but finally began protesting that they had no right to tell him to leave, or take him to jail.  (Friendly advice: don’t try and tell a cop what he can or cannot do. It doesn’t go over well, especially when you’re wrong)

After I showed the officer the eviction papers, and after a few minutes of trying to get him to comply, the officers forcibly raised him from the chair, and after a brief useless struggle on his part, put handcuffs on him.  Protesting all the way, he was led to a police car’s back seat, and stuffed inside.  He’ll spend the next 6 to 8 hours in custody, and then be released.  He was only arrested on the public intoxication charge, but next time he shows up I’ll have to insist they take him for 419 and 602 pc, the charges relevant to an evicted tenant returning to the residence.

I have two cameras watching my front yard, just to keep an eye on things.  Check them out and see if they work:

Camera 1 and Camera 2

I expect I’ll be calling on Visalia Police quite often in the next little while.

But at least I have my house back!